Did you know that photos on Facebook generate 53 percent more likes than a text-only post? Recently, there has been a noticeable shift towards use of visual social media content online. In fact, Facebook and Twitter have both redesigned their news feeds to emphasize visuals. With use of social media at an all-time high, images and videos are powerful tools for brands looking to effectively capture the attention of, and communicate with, their target audience. Here are some compelling statistics on the importance of visual content marketing from HubSpot:
- 74% of social media marketers use visual assets in their social media marketing, ahead of blogs (68%) and videos (60%)
- 4X as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product than to read about it
- Infographics are “liked” and shared on social media 3X more than any other type of content
- Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets than tweets without images
- Facebook posts with images see a 2.3X more engagement than those without images
For the full list of visual content marketing statistics, click here: 42 Visual Content Marketing Statistics You Should Know in 2017
Interested in learning how CommCreative can transform your content creation and social media strategies? Send us an email to connect: email@example.com. We’d love to help!